Friday, May 14, 2010

How do i peel my 4 day old nails?

i was told not to clip but peel, i have a hard time doing that because he moves so much..could you tell me a technique i could use?How do i peel my 4 day old nails?
I don't understand why you can't clip them, but a file should work.


..How do you BITE a babies nails..?How do i peel my 4 day old nails?
I was too scared to do anything with his nails when Lukas was newborn. We just kept scratch mitts on.





After a couple of weeks I was brave enough to clip them with nail clippers (while he was sleeping... that's the easiest and safest way).





I think the advice is different depending on where you are and who it's from, but I've heard you should nibble them and also that you shouldn't nibble them or peel them as there have been cases where parents accidentally rip off the whole nail! Likewise, with clippers you're less likely to rip off the nail, but there's always a chance you'll nick the finger.





I always preferred to use baby nail clippers as I tried peeling once and was too scared to pull it in case I'd gone too far and hurt him. Wait until his hands are a little bigger and he's sleeping and see what you're comfortable with doing.
I clipped one of my son's nails CAREFULLY, and then realized that I had pinched his skin anyway. It didn't bleed, but I definitely clipped as much skin as fingernail. Since then I have been filing his nails really gently when needed, peeling them after they start to peel on their own, and using mittens the rest of the time. It's okay to wait for them to grow out enough to see what you are doing, as long as you protect the baby's little face from getting scratched.
I wouldn't peel the nails-try biting them. Why can't you clip them? I mean don't do it if it says it-always listen to the doctors but I have a 2 week old daughter and I haven't heard of it and they didn't say anything and I have been clipping them. I also have her wear mittens all the time too. Congrats on your little boy!
i used a nail file for the first few weeks as i dint want to cut them but at the hospital i was adviced by the midwife to bite in to one side of the overhang of the nail then peel it across but i was worried about taking to much off
I think you got it wrong.





Usually they say not to peel, but to clip them. Don't people them, you can end up peeling them to far and it could hurt. Baby nails are very thin and delicate. I would get a baby nail clipper, and clip them while your baby is sleeping.
for the first couple of weeks, the baby's nails are pretty soft, yet can do lots of damage on their skin...i used a baby nail file to just round out the sharp edges. I didn't start clipping his nails until probably after a month old because I was nervous and the file was working pretty well. I never peeled his nails..that sounds like it may cause hang nails...
Don't peel them, doing so could result in them getting too short. The best way to shorten nails on a baby is with a baby nail file, when he's asleep gently file the nail. If you do it while he's awake it may be difficult.
i wouldnt peel bc u might peel to much off. you can file the nails down. i didnt clip my sons nails till he was about a month old. i tried biting and i couldnt. thank god there are mittens.
I dont know about peeling but if your not comfortable to cut them you can also bite them. I could never do that bc it grossed me out but a bunch of my friends did that for their kids
We used the baby clippers on him when he was sleeping. That was the only time our wiggle worm was wiggle free :)





When he was tiny we just used the little hand covers because I was too afraid to cut him.
make sure they are wet first than it will be much easier!!! If you trust yourself bite them off it not bite the end and then peel them away!!! If they were long though...i will probably clip my baby 4get wat da doc says!!!
We didn't clip his nails until they were harder. They are to soft. If you have to just file them down with a baby nail file!
i won't clip my daughters nails cause it catches her skin. i can't file them she moves to much. i just bite them when she is nursing
Bite them yourself! I have never heard of clipper use being disallowed. As long as you are careful, what's the problem?
do it when they're sleeping.
I always bit my infants nails. its SO much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment