Monday, May 10, 2010

Should I peel my finger nail off?

My nail got caught up in something yesterdaay while I was at work and


what ever it was kinda tore or rip a third of my nail from the fleshy part...I know it sounds gruesome...lol...anyway I put a band on it with the nail still over it cause i had to get back to work, a couple hours later I changed it (still at work)...so by the time I got home I was really tired and didnt feel like dealing with the pain of messing with it, so anywho this morning I went to try to get the torn part off but it is like kinda stuck or something, I'm scared that if I mess with it I may do something wrong, and I also dont want to mess with it if it is healing like that, What should I do?Should I peel my finger nail off?
I have found that when it comes to the finger nails like this it is best to leave it alone. I smashed my nail in a door and it turned a purple and felt like hell; well I just left it alone for a while, a month, and it started to look better, and just fell off. Now it is growing back is looking nice and healthy. I think your nail will end up fixing it's self. Just keep it clean!Should I peel my finger nail off?
Leave it alone for a week or so, keep it bandaged up so it don't resnag on something and make it worse. If in a week you can snip off the nail that is not attached to your finger and that should help with snagging. I have had several toe nails removed and it is real real painful so the finger can't be any better-I sorry!
If you don't care about pain, and an ugly nail, there's really not much that will happen besides a very slow annoying growing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment