Saturday, January 23, 2010

How Can I Stop Biting/Peeling My Nails?

For as long as I can remember I have had this horrible habit of nail biting. (like since I was 4 or 5) I have tried so hard over the years to stop biting all together, but I have failed many times. I have gone through periods where I will stop biting for a while (like maybe a month or two... I'll put that nasty tasting crap on my nails, or get acrylic nails put on. But I always find a way around those methods. I will desensitize myself to the taste of the crappy tasting polish, and if I have acrylics on, I'll just bite my toenails instead. The main reason why I bite my nails so much is because I like the taste of keratin. (yeah, that's kinda gross, but hey, I'm being honest here.) I also like having stuff in my mouth. I was a huge thumb sucker when I was little and that was also really hard to quit. Another habit that I have that I really need to stop is I really need to stop peeling my nails. Because I'm trying so hard to not bite my nails, they're starting to grow longer. And sometimes they grow uneven and have ridges on the tip of them. I don't want them to feel rough so I have to peel off the part that is uneven. And then when I peel off the uneven part, sometimes I'll peel off more than I mean to, so then I have to make them straight and even. (I suck at working a nail file) Then the habit will get so bad that I will purposely peel off layers of my nails, just to taste the keratin. I really wish I could stop this nasty habit of nail biting and nail peeling. I really want to have pretty long nails without having to worry about spontaneously peeling them off. Please help! Thanks!How Can I Stop Biting/Peeling My Nails?
just think about what can be under those nails..


when you bite it, you can be biting boogers, butt, scabs, the old man on the strees butt after he scratched it then spent the dollar he grabbed next.





ewww..


SCWIDHow Can I Stop Biting/Peeling My Nails?
Buy a buffer -- one of those with numbered sides -- Sally Beauty has a ton of different ones. Bufff your nails instead of picking at them everyday. Buffing makes them stronger and will fade away the ridges into nothingness. The peeling can be caused by an allergy to something you've put on your nails.
the best way to help not stop just by like sun flower seeds or little bite sized treats to take you away from thinking about it like and after a while you will get used to the new habit trust me i had the same problem
when i got my braces on i had to stop biting becuase i couldn't get my nail to my teeth!!!





but sometimes that's not the case


try hot sauce on your fingers


that's what we did on my sister





hope it helpm =]
well, to stop the biting buy the clear nail polish that tastes bad so that if you try biting them it tastes bad. it worked for me.


~NiCoLe~
try putting layers like 10 of tape on your fingers and toes. Then try to hold yourself back.
buy some nail clippers.
I HAD THE SAME NAIL PROBLEMM ! wellll, my cousin who is well in her twenties, showed me her nails and they looked beautiful, she use to bite her nails.but then grew them out. i hated my nails but since i was on vacation and was having so much fun, i didn't bite my nails. when i got home from vacation, i painted my nails. and i kept re painting them even if the nail polish was chipping. %26amp; my nails are still growing and yesterday i painted them red and boy do they look gorgeous! try to keep your mind off things and enjoy life. buy tons of nail polish and nail polish remover, and whenever you seem bored give your self a nail make over.! and OH YEAH; whenever i felt the urge to bite my nails, i bought this moisturizing hand cream that smells really goood; pineapple mango; and every time i feel like biting my nails i apply this one my hands and naills. i take this lotion every where with me!now whenever i look at my pretty nails, i never want to bite them again, i want to grow them out and have healthy pretty nails, have fun %26amp; good luckkkk . %26lt;3 hopefulllyy i helpped .
there is special nail varnish you can buy in a pharmacy, and you can barely notice it on your nails but it tastes horrible...





you can also buy cotton gloved too... to wear before you go to bed (incate you bite your nails as you sleep)





me and my brother used to bite our nails... my brother stopped because my mom promised to buy him a little moterbike (you know the little ones for little kids, he was 9) but I stopped because I saw a guy on a bus and he looked like he meant business (suit, tie, black shoes... business-like xP lol) and then he started biting his nails... the site was gross/funny/and everything in between.





though I guess that was my motervation... the nail polish helped too :)... and the new laptop xP lol





________________edit______________





the nail peeling... my nails also peel... (i didnt get what on earth you were talking about untill i read the additional details)





just keep trimming them a little and then there wont be those little cracks... also you might be not getting enough vitamins... you need more b vitamins... :)





hope that helps :)
Your nails are probobly not always very clean, especially when you are in public places. try chewing yummy gum :)





I used to peel my nails all the time. the best thing to do is keep nail polish on them which helps them keep from peeling, and when they do file or cut them so that you dont ending up ripping too much off. believe me i hate when my nails peel but its best not to rip it off.
Get acrylic or gel on your nails. It's too hard to bite through them and peel them. Easy fix. I have the same problem. I bite my nails and they're weak and break easily. Now I have acrylic and they're growing. I found out that my nails actually grow fast. It's not expensive if you go to the right place and you only need a fill every 3 weeks which is around $15. So try it

No comments:

Post a Comment