Thursday, January 21, 2010

My nail polish always peels off?

I use the Sally Hansen miracle grow as a base coat and a top coat because it is clear, and then for color (in between these coats), I use the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength NO CHIP!! This isn't working. Within minutes it chips and then peels away off of the entire fingernail at the same time. Is it the brand or what? How do I prevent this? And yes, I do allow all coats to dry thoroughly before going on with another coat. %26lt;3My nail polish always peels off?
try making your layers thinner and use only a few strokes.





plus, the more layers you use, the thicker the polish is, making it easier to chip and especially peel away from the entire nail at once.





unless you are painting with red, try skipping the base coat. you might find you need fewer layers of colour.





if you make it a day or two, try touching up with another top coat. you will notice that it has worn thinner at the end of your nails by a few days!





hope this helps!My nail polish always peels off?
I would suggest putting the diamond strength color on FIRST and then a clear coat of the miracle growth. that'll keep it from chipping but it'll still grow, trust me :)
I hope you do atleast like 2 coats of nailpolish! Apply like 2 extra coats of top coat. Try popular brands like Editors Pick or manicare!
I do the exact same thing as you and it works. Do you use sally Hansen polish also? Maybe that's the trick.
its the top coat that is your problem. although it makes your nails shiny and great to look at, the chemical breakdown of ALL top coat/clear coats will have a chemical reaction with any nail coat. it peels all the time- no matter what you do. it might be fun for some people to peel it off, even if it's not for you, but it is terrible for your nail's health. sally hansen is a good brand, and you should just use that polish. sometimes you don't even need to use a base coat! the polish itself works well enough. good luck! %26lt;3 ;)
You're probably applying too much
you wanna take a nail file and lightly scratch the surface of your nail before and after putting the base coat on.

No comments:

Post a Comment