Thursday, January 21, 2010

Preschooler peeling nails.....?

My 4 yr old is a nervous nail biter. She now has 3 fingernails that have started to separate and peel from the nail bed. My kids had hand foot and mouth about 6 wks ago and since then she picks her dead skin -- from the blisters. Now she is picking off the top part of her nail that has separated. Her thumb nail is now all lumpy and bumpy like when someone loses a nail. I am hoping she is not going to end up with a bunch of lumpy bumpy nails.





Has anyone seen anything like this before??? We will see the pediatrician tomorrow, just wondered.Preschooler peeling nails.....?
I am a bit of nail biter and when I was young my mom would put a special nail polish that tasted bad that was designed to discourage nail biting. It was clear. You might try that? Also, what about providing something else to bite on. I can't think of anything off hand...
  • apply eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment