Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why do only 2 of my nails peel?

I am right handed and my index and middle finger nails on this hand are peeling/flaking, the rest are good, strong normal nails. I don't wear rubber gloves for cleaning/washing up etc, always use a good quality hand cream both day %26amp; night, I do not use any manicure products (my generation generally don't) I will appreciate any adviceWhy do only 2 of my nails peel?
I have peeling nails occasionally and I think I use my hands alot. May I suggest a few products to see if you can strengthen the nails? Nutra Nail 5 to 7 day growth ( I like the aloe formula). If that doesnt work, you may have a fungus, as suggested by one person. Try Fungus Fix by OPI or any of the fungus meds over the counter and use faithfully to get rid of the peeling before it spreads. I hope this helps.Why do only 2 of my nails peel?
I use to have that problem as well...it's probably because you use those fingers often %26amp; the way you grab things constantly rubs against the nails. Your nails are just weak in those areas will contine to split %26amp; tops peel off. When you start seeing that it's peeling it's best to find some special nail glue to keep it in place. Whatever you do not peel or it will just keep getting worse. You can also keep a bandaide on it for a while.
filing the nails are ment to be a good way of keeping the circulation to the nails, and removing chips and break-offs.
i cant really explain why they are peeling/flaking. the nails are a reflection of your health and wellness of your body. for instance, you will know this if you have ever had an operation and the doctors told you not to wear nail varnish. the reason for this is that they can tell by the colour of your nail if you are healthy. my advice is to consider having a manicure as they are great for the nails and the skin and are not too pricey. it doesn't matter what your generation is as there are plenty of people who go to salons that are all ages so don't worry! when washing up and cleaning you should consider wearing gloves as this could also help make your nails brittle/flaky/Peel specially if you are using a strong detergent. a therapist will probably tell you this if you go to a salon. i hope this helps you.
Could be a fungus of some sort like what happens to toes.


But more than likely its just a weak nail, my thumb nail is weak the rest are fine.. I have been using a 'hard as nails' clear nail polish and it helps but you have to apply it everyday it does wear off.


What generation doesn't use nail polish?
  • apply eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment