Thursday, January 21, 2010

My finger nail peels from the base?

My fingernail (only pointer finger on one hand) peels from the base where skin holds it on. I have peeled it w/ tweezers (chronic nail biter) and usually it peels the white part of the nail off. It feels like a lot of pressure but comes off rather easily. This time though it peeled deep and am missing a piece of my fingernail at the base, and it looks red but not bloody. I think it went to the nail bed, but it doesn't hurt. For the record, the white parts on my fingernails are huge. My plan is to put neosporin on it and cover it with a bandaid, will this work and eventually heal? (the piece of nail is long gone...)My finger nail peels from the base?
No, as far as healing goes. go ahead and take the entire nail off. Because of how your nails grow, it won't just grow back the small section.My finger nail peels from the base?
see a doctor, stop biting your nails
go to a salon and talk to a professional :)

No comments:

Post a Comment