Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How can I keep my nail polish from peeling/chipping?

I work at a small discount department store and I use my hands a lot and throughout the day my nail polish gets chipped or even just dented. So I have to re do some of my nails when I get home. I use a top coat but I was wondering if there was anything else I could do? Maybe a better top coat?


Any advice would be great.How can I keep my nail polish from peeling/chipping?
Go to your local salon and ask them what they would recommend and write down the exact name of the product. Then, unless you're feeling generous since you work at a store yourself, go to the internet to buy it cheaper.How can I keep my nail polish from peeling/chipping?
You can put 2-3 layers of your top coat maybe, use a clear nail polish over the top coat, or use a different kind of top coat/base coat. I recommend Sally Hansen products or Orly.I use a base coat and top coat in 1 by Sally Hansen and it is sold in a rectangular, small golden bottle. It's really great! :)
you should use a silk coat which you put on the bottom and also try some nail hardener and get a long lasting brand or a no chip brand thats what i use and i have had the nail polish on for about a month and with no chips or cracks.
You should start off by applying a base coat, then after you paint your nails, apply a good top coat. OPI top coat is what I use, and it dries pretty quick too.
put a base coat before the nail paint


then the nail paint


and then the top coat





also, try using nail polishes that have ENAMEL
Apply the colour you want, and once that's dry apply a layer of clear nail polish on top of that! :D





Hope it works for you! x
Apply 2 clear base coats, 1 white coat, regular polish, and two clear coats.
your local beauty supply store should nail an anti-chipping top coat. around 10 dollars.
you should put on a top coat every night or every other day to prolong your polish
sally hansen: hard as nails is really good and usually quite cheap too
put a coat of clear nail polish on top

No comments:

Post a Comment