Sunday, January 17, 2010

How Can I get rid of the skin peeling off of my nails?

It looks horrible when it peels and i wanna know how to stop it!How Can I get rid of the skin peeling off of my nails?
I have the same problem and use Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment. It is the best way to get rid of hangnails, excess cuticles, and peeling skin. It is an AHA product so do not use it if you have any bleeding areas or it will sting.


(http://www.opi.com/Avoplex.asp)





To prevent this I apply Aquaphor Healing Ointment or any cuticle oil (Solar Oil, OPI Avoplex) to my nails and fingertips each night. Vaseline or lip balm (Chapstick) will work too. If it is really bad I use Neosporin. Then I apply a heavy duty hand creme.





Keeping your nails well conditioned is the key to reducing peeling.





Avoid harsh, drying hand soaps and wear gloves when doing the dishes.





Try to re-apply moisturizer throughout the day.





If you live in a cold climate, wear mittens or gloves to protect your hands.





Finally, avoid using a nail cutter. File your nails down instead. File in one direction when your nails are dry. Use a nail file designed for weak, peeling nails. Revlon makes a good one.How Can I get rid of the skin peeling off of my nails?
Get a tool that files, smoothes, buffs and shines them. They look like nail files, but long and chunky. It's all one piece. You can get them from the grocery story or whatever. My nails peel bad, then I use this and it cuts down on it a lot. Then paint them clear for a few days, take the polish off and do it again. Eventually they won't peel as bad...you can never stop them frlom peeling but this has worked wonders for my nails.
I use the Barielle cuticle cream and it moisturizes really well. Helps my nails grow, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment