Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How can I stop a nervous habit? (Peeling off nail polish)?

Whenever I paint my nails, I always tend to peel it off when I am bored or nervous. Please help!How can I stop a nervous habit? (Peeling off nail polish)?
Hmmm...well, it takes 21 times to break a bad habit (for your brain to break the synapses that make you have bad habits in the first place), so after 21 times of you not doing it, you should be good to go.How can I stop a nervous habit? (Peeling off nail polish)?
Stop painting your nails. If there isn't any polish, you won't have that to pick at.


Have you been a nail biter? Maybe you're substituting one bad habit for another.


Keep an emory board with you and when you're bored or nervous, manicure and spruce your nails up rather than destroying them.
You have to try and catch yourself when you are doing this. When you do catch yourself just stop and keep telling yourself not to and find something else to keep you occupied like text someone randomly or go on the computer.
instead of wearing nail polish put on fake nails. or if you want to save on money just try to stop the habit the best you can for 30 days. see how it works out and maybe you'll brake it.
i used to have a habit of biting my nails.. the way i got over it, is keeping my self occupied? you know? and not to watch scary movies (: haha.. soooo just keep busy or find a new hobby if your bored... (: hope i helped..
Where fake nails so you can't peel it off and make sure you don't start taking OFF the fake nails!
me too! well i haven't exactly solved my problem yet, but if your bored try to think of something else to entertain you like doodling or paint a clear coat on top...wont be as easy to peel off im guessing
or how bout you just get fake nails, theyll look ten times better, be glued riight on ya so theres no chance of u gettin them off as easy
Yeah, don't wear nail polish. OR just wear clear polish, that why when you peel it off it's not as obvious.
Don't put any nail polish on and then you won't have the urge to peel it off.
try not using nail polish

No comments:

Post a Comment