Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why does my clear nail polish always chip and peel away after a few hours?

I want to gro wmy nails long so I paint them with clear polish but it doesn't last long and starts peeling off. Can anyone recommend a good brand or technique to maintain the polished look?Why does my clear nail polish always chip and peel away after a few hours?
Buff your nails before you apply the clear coat, and make sure it's not old polish. I am a licensed manicurist and I know that any oil on the nail will make the polish peel right off. And old polish will chip easily.Why does my clear nail polish always chip and peel away after a few hours?
Your nails probably aren't prepped right for the polish. Make sure your nails are free of any oil before polishing...I usually go over my nails with remover and let it dry and then polish for long lasting polish.
take care of your nails first, make sure you wash them in cold water, dry, then use some ';salley henson'; hard as nails, use two coats, make sure each coat dries all the way. do not put any colr polish on them. Also make sure you take some vitamin b and zinc for hair and nails.
Make sure your clear nail polish is not old. Additionally, are your nails clean and dry? One good method to keep your nails looking healthy and polished is to buff them before applying your nail polish. Sally Hansen is a good brand, it might cost more, but the ingredients are better than the 99cents brands.
Your fingernails have too much oil on it so it makes the polish less adhesive and thats why it doesn't stick so use a buffer to smooth it out or just exfoliate it and then apply your polish again
clean your nail w/ polish remover first so the oil would be gone then paint wait until its dry ad a second coat.it works with me
Sally Hansen Diamond Strenght Innstant Nail Hardener is awesome! I bought it and it is the best! It doesn't chip at all!
TRY GIVING THE 1ST COAT 15-20 MINS TO COMPLETELY DRY. THEN A THIN COAT AND ALLOW JUST AS MUCH TIME TO DRY. GOOD LUCK/
It's not the polish, it's your foundation. There is something on your nails making it difficult for the polish to stick. Try washing your hands thoroughly and then using nail polish remover over your nails before applying the clear coat. That should help it last longer. Polish only lasts about 2-3 days on natural nails before it starts to peel or chip.
new york polish or l.a. colors
it happens to me as well..probably it is because clear nail polish is usually used for base i think...
that happens to me all the time so now i dont put on any nail polish..........i first thought it was the nail polish but every brand is like that for me...............

No comments:

Post a Comment