Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Finger nail peeling. Any suggestions to stop it?

Okay, here's the story. I'm a chem minor and was doing an organic lab at my university. Being low on money and not exactly conscious of what they do and do not have, we had a bit of a predicament with one of our experiments involving Benzaldehyde. The experiment required us to use a type of funnel glass to wash the material, but we didn't have an appropriate top. Unaware at the moment that we were also not wearing organic gloves (but gloves were worn), I thought it would be okay to just use my finger tip to close the top while we mixed the benzaldehyde with water.





Needless to say, when I took my finger out, the top of the glove had dissolved completely, and the nail polish was coming off my finger nail. I immediately washed my hands with soap and water and replaced the glove, but as a group we decided not to do it again. However, since then, I've noticed that my finger nail has been peeling, and no matter what I do to even it out, it won't stop. Any suggestions?Finger nail peeling. Any suggestions to stop it?
May take some time for the nail to grow out where it was exposed.





Can look for some Sally Hansen nail polish or equiv that promises to to stop the peeling. (Do you dare ask your professor?)Finger nail peeling. Any suggestions to stop it?
try not painting ur fingers for a week it worked for me

No comments:

Post a Comment