Sunday, January 17, 2010

How do i stop my nail polish from peeling off!?

i just broke out of the habit of biting my nails... yay! and they're really long so i have been having fun painting them, but i notice everytime i do the nailpolish just peels off by itself. Like if the nail touches anything it rips the nailpolish or makes a dent. It peels off like a rubbery kind. What do i do so that doesn't happen. I only use OPI nailpolish and i know thats a good brand. I also use OPI basecoat and top. I don't put a top coat on all the time tho. my nails are smooth and very healthy and i wash my hands so there is no oil on them. ITS SOOO FRUSTRATING!. lol. thanks for your help!!!How do i stop my nail polish from peeling off!?
I had that problem with OPI, I was just putting too much on.


Skip the base coat, because theres really no need for it. The ingredients in OPI are very good, and they wont turn your nails any weird color.


I put on one coat of the color on each of my nails, then right after i'm done doing all of them i start the second coat. then i let them dry, and i put on my top coat. :) this made a world of difference.





now they don't start chipping or anything for about 3 days for me.How do i stop my nail polish from peeling off!?
I see your problem!! You need to seal them daily with that top coat OPI is a great brand and they wont chip but it does cost to make them look fresh and newly painted! And make sure that you take the polish all the way to the tip of the nails that too can cause premature chipping!
*Clean nails


*Base coat (leave to completely dry)


*Then lightly do the first layer of the one you want to wear (leave to completely dry)


*Then lightly do the second layer (leave to completely dry)


*Then lightly put non chip on (leave to completely dry)
Well You put A Clean Coat On And You Could Be Putting To Much On Or To Little So Try Doing More Coats And Then The other Day Try Less Coats And See What Works Better It May Even Be The Type Of Nail Polish It Just Might Not Work On Your Nails


Hope I Helped if I didn't Sorry
The base is probably making the polish not stick on since it's for the NAILS, not other polish, even clear. Try it on you natural nail.





-be happi, live well, rock on.
Try buying O.P.I. brand nail polish. You can usually find it in the mall. Its expensive but stays on much longer! or use coating.
first put undercoat on ur nails the color [2 coats] and overcoat it makes them last longer or maybe ur just buying to cheap of a nail polish
i dont use a base, just paint one coat, and top with a clear coat ;]
you may be over coating your nails, try one skipping a basecoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment