Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why is my finger oozing pus from the cuticle and my nail and skin are peeling off from the finger?

I washed a heep of dishes for a cousin and half way through she told me there was a broken glass at the bottom of the sink. I didn't get cut but I did notice my middle finger get a bit bigger at the tip. After a week of playing around with it I squeezed it and pus came out from the cuticle. The skin is peeling and the nail is raising up and coming off as well. I also noticed small, hard sots inbedded under the skin. When I poke it waery pus comes out and now the spots keep appearing and going further down my finger.Why is my finger oozing pus from the cuticle and my nail and skin are peeling off from the finger?
Go to the doctor. I had something similar happen but after squeezing the pus out and applying antibiotic ointment, it stopped. It sounds like the infection is spreading though, so you really want to get it looked at before you end up losing your finger or worse.Why is my finger oozing pus from the cuticle and my nail and skin are peeling off from the finger?
I would guess you have a good start of a cellullitis infection. It start on the tissue and under the skin, it can spread to the inner tissues and fast. I would see your doctor and get an anti-biotic, now probably Bactirn, it's good for MRSA also, this is what you have to worry about. Check your shot record ad see when you had your last tetanus shot also. I wouldn't waste time.
The first responder is right. Get over to the doctors or urgent care and get it cleaned out. You'll probably need a shot. Sounds like a pretty good infection that is spreading. I remember reading that one of our president's (Truman?) lost a son to blood poisoning from a foot blister that got infected. Don't fool around with it.
Please go to the doctor, the emergency room, do something before it gets worse.wont say anymore because i don't want to alarm you.

No comments:

Post a Comment